This course is designed to meet and exceed ISO 18436 Part 7 CAT 1 and ANSI/ASNT CP105 & CP-189 (2016) Level 1 recommended practices, it covers all of the relevant infrared theory and physics required to produce a professional Thermography inspection report.
This course prepares the student for qualification as a CAT 1 certified thermographer. The participant will learn about topics in infrared thermography to increase their knowledge about infrared physics, heat science and infrared measurement equipment and its application. As a CAT 1 thermographer, will learn to set up the cameras setting of Distance, Transmissivity, Emissivity, how ensure the IFOV & MFOV are set correctly, capturing good images and initial analysis on the images.
- It is recommended that the student have some basic experience with Infrared or Thermography.
- For completion of assignments, student will need access to an Infrared Camera
- Students will need to download the Course Book found on the Materials tab above.
- Thermal / Infrared Physics
- Temperature, How It Is Measured
- The Nature of Heat and Temperature
- Heat Transfer Mode Familiarization
- Infrared Equipment Operation
- Infrared Applications
- Radiosity Concepts
- How To Do An Infrared Inspection
- Infrared Image and Documentation
- Support Data Collection
- Elements Of A Good Infrared Image
- Database Programs
- Report Generation
- Online access to all learning materials
- Course Resource Manual download
- Download Soundwaves
- Digital Handout Materials
- Assignments that provide hands-on training
- IRISS 18436-part 7 CAT 2 IRT Certification
- Access to SMART Academy Alumni Network
These courses are eligible for NETA Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs). NETA Certified Technicians (Level III and Level IV) are required to earn a minimum of 48 CTDs every three years to maintain their certification. For more information about the CTD program and requirements, please contact the NETA office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-300-6382.