CAT 2 Infrared – Recertification
This course is designed to meet and exceed ISO 18436 Part 7 CAT 2 and ANSI/ASNT CP105 & CP-189 (2016) Level 2 recommended practices, it covers all of the relevant infrared theory and physics required to produce a professional Thermography inspection report.
This course prepares the student for qualification as a CAT 2 certified thermographer. The participant will learn about topics in infrared thermography to increase their knowledge about infrared physics, heat science and infrared measurement equipment and its application. As a CAT 2 thermographer, the participant is able to provide guidance to CAT 1 personnel in the areas of equipment selection, techniques, limitations, data analysis, corrective action and reporting.
- It is required as a prerequisite that the student CAT 1/Level 1 Certification is current and not expired, and currently has 420 hours documented experience with Infrared or Thermography.
- For completion of assignments, student will need access to an Infrared Camera
- Students will need to download the Course Book found on the Materials tab above.
- Training Overview
- Principles of Infrared Thermography IRT
- Equipment and data acquisition Law
- Image Processing IR
- General Applications
- Diagnostics and Prognostics
- Conditioning Monitoring
- Corrective Actions
- Condition monitoring principles
- Reporting and Documentation
- ISO Standards
- Camera Measurement Techniques
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Online access to all learning materials
- Course Resource Manual download
- Download Soundwaves
- Digital Handout Materials
- Assignments that provide hands-on training
- IRISS 18436-part 7 CAT 2 IRT Certification
- Access to SMART Academy Alumni Network
These courses are eligible for NETA Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs). NETA Certified Technicians (Level III and Level IV) are required to earn a minimum of 48 CTDs every three years to maintain their certification. For more information about the CTD program and requirements, please contact the NETA office at email@example.com or 888-300-6382.