CAT 1 Ultrasound – Recertification
Designed to advance the theory of ultrasound into the next generation. It surmount and surpasses the ISO 18436-part 8 CAT 1 ASU outline. This course teaches students about the principles of Ultrasound, their Ultrasound Devices and the use of Sound Analysis Software to determine previously unknown fault conditions that other courses couldn’t identify.
The student will be immersed in a Learner & Instructor Centered, Content Focused, Lecture Methodology that is proven to deliver through the use of self-paced video modules. Students will learn about the science of Ultrasound, the various applications for CBM based reliability, increase mean time between failure, and a decrease total cost of asset when the principles learned in the class are applied at the students site.
- It is recommended that the student have 210 hours of documented operational use Ultrasound detection devices.
- For completion of assignments, student will need access to an Ultrasound Device and sound analysis software.
- Students will need to download the Course Book found on the Materials tab above.
- Theory of Ultrasound and its many applications
- Data Acquisition, Management and initial Interpretation of Harmonic Indications
- Establishing Action Levels for Corrective Actions
- Principles of Condition Monitoring and managing a program
- Online access to all learning materials
- Course Resource Manual download
- Download Soundwaves
- Digital Handout Materials
- Benchmark quizzes to assess student retention
- IRISS 18436-part 8 CAT 1 ASU Certification
- Access to SMART Academy Alumni Network
For NETA Accredited Companies the courses are eligible for NETA Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs). NETA Certified Technicians (Level III and Level IV) are required to earn a minimum of 48 CTDs every three years to maintain their certification. For more information about the CTD program and requirements, please contact the NETA office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-300-6382.
Please purchase the course to view this material